Palm Springs Condos


Wednesday, October 04, 2006

My body.

My body. Your body.

My thoughts lately have focused on something quite important to me.

Self-acceptance.

Both men and women have to work on self-acceptance, no doubt. However, it seems to me that it is harder for a woman to accept herself than it is for a man - especially during our teenage years where we have people judging by looks.

One reason is evident in the conscious or unconscious discrimination against girls in our society. The other reason may be that in her life as a person, the girl is more related to her body than the boy.

Our physical being is more complicated than that of a boy. For him, the sexual experience is simple and more straightforward. His function in procreation is certainly less complicated than the event of conception for us. The experience of menstrual cycle, birth, and breastfeeding remain foreign to a man.

Therefore, self-acceptance for a me is to a greater degree physical self-acceptance. What we have to accept weighs heavier. Men/boys have to understand that.

It is a well-known fact today that spiritual conflicts can affect a person physically. But we have not yet drawn the opposite conclusion, namely, that physical conflicts can hinder and disturb our spiritual life.

So, let's get naked and bring on the sex?


mariefrances`

13 Comments:

At Wednesday, 04 October, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

BRING ON THE SEX BEBEH!!

mommy's such a bad influence.

 
At Wednesday, 04 October, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you know how it is to look at yourself in the mirror and hate what you see?
Do you know how it is to hide behind big t-shirts because you think you're fat and/or you hate some parts of your body?
Do you know how it is to close up to people because you've been living experiences in your past that broke your mind totally, broke your soul, not only your opinion about your looks but your opinion about yourself?
Do you know how it is to doubt the love some1 has towards you, and doubt that you're good enough for him/her and your friends?

I know how it is.

I think self acceptance is hard to aqquire nowadays, with all those people bringin you down to build yourself up.

And when you think you'll be better with 20 pounds less, trust me you're not going to be. I know what I'm talking about, I lost that 20 pounds this summer and I was never going out because I'm too ashamed of myself, and I still thought I was fat. I gained them back and now I see on the pictures how mad skinny I was.

It's never enough. Never.

 
At Wednesday, 04 October, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh and I forgot one thing;

Parents are a big cause in if we have self confidence or not.
Really.
Whatever they say is right to you, because they're the ones that know you the most.
Well that's for me, I dunno about others.

 
At Wednesday, 04 October, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know my dear daughter, your writing has become more profound and well. Your structure needs me to read it twice. You're starting to sound like me. Like father like daughter :P

Although this may seem rather formal, I take it to heart to write so as this post was written with much thought - I think, I hope. Also, very interesting is this post, short yet to the point.

My comment? I forgot :P

 
At Wednesday, 04 October, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And yes now I remember, come talk to daddy anytime alright? I am a Sir, thus, I am a servant, and I serve Him, mummy, you and many others. So come to me aye if you want. I'm always online.

 
At Thursday, 05 October, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The one thing people need to realise is that the body not some veichle for our soul. Your body IS you. There certainly is a lot more to you, but your body is a large representation of your physical being.

So when people can't accept thier bodies, they are working at a deeper level. They are not accepting themselves.

Thanks for your post, it was a good time for me to read something like this.

 
At Friday, 06 October, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your body like I love it.

 
At Friday, 06 October, 2006, Blogger Inferknite said...

Marie you rock :P

See I'm not posting anonymously anymore.

How do I edit the 'my links' portion do you know?

 
At Friday, 06 October, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's nothing to be ashamed of. You shouldn't care about what people think. It's just THEIR opinion. You are who you want to be. However you look.

 
At Friday, 13 October, 2006, Blogger Inferknite said...

Hit that button it's called "NEW POST!"

Bring on the secks please!

 
At Saturday, 21 October, 2006, Blogger Inferknite said...

Sex me.

 
At Wednesday, 02 May, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think u just strip and bring on the sex...just open your legs and i'll do da thing~!

 
At Saturday, 05 May, 2007, Blogger Mahira K.M. said...

your words are definitely you , and i like that a lot . keep on blogging marie! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home